Here is the tenth in our series of Review Questions from our “What Does This Button Do?” show. These can’t be graded, but if you want to see the discussion of our answers to these questions, you can click the link provided. The link will take you to the time in the specific episode where we start the discussion of review questions. Since we have produced 97 episodes so far, this “Test Your Smartphone Smarts” will be an ongoing series of posts here.
||Click here to watch our answers
|Episode #38: Mobile Device Choices #38 Show Notes
- Your choice in operating systems is:
1. _____________ 2. _____________?
- T/F: All mobile devices include GPS capability
- T/F: To receive phone calls from anyone, you must have a smartphone, not a tablet.
|Episode #39: Sharing Pictures with Facebook #39 Show Notes
- Once you pick a picture and share it, you have options to make it visible to Public, or Friends, or ____________, or ____________.
- To share a picture on a business’ Facebook page, you need to start where?
|Episode #41: Google Hangouts #41 Show Notes
- Hangouts is an App that will do 3 types of communication: 1 ________ 2 _______ 3 _____
- T/F: An old smartphone (without cell service) or a tablet can use Wi-Fi and Google Hangouts Dialer to call any phone.
|Episode #42: Getting Started with Google Photos
#42 Show Notes
- Google Photos ______________ will put together automatic movies, animations and more fun creations!
- T/F: If you previously uploaded pictures to Picasa Web Albums, or Google Plus photos, you will see those using Google Photos.
If you click the time link, you will be viewing the Youtube video for that episode. The link takes you directly to the end of the show where we discuss the review questions. You can always drag the video playhead to the beginning to watch more of that episode. And, if you are a premium member of Geeks On Tour, you have access to the show notes for each episode. You will find all show notes on the Weekly Show page. So, how did you do on the questions? Leave any comments below! See previous “Smartphone Smarts”
There are show notes below which document what was covered in the show and include timeline links, so you can watch just the part of the video that you want. If you are not a Geeks on Tour member, you can watch Episode 37 video on YouTube, but you won’t get the show notes.Become a member here. This episode covers:
- Quick Tips: Use Airplane mode to reset communications and get a better connection.
- Beginner’s Lesson: No lesson today. We use the show to be roving reporters of a few vendors at the rally.
Continue reading →