Here is the seventh in our series of Review Questions from our “What Does This Button Do?” show. These can’t be graded, but if you want to see the discussion of our answers to these questions, you can click the link provided. The link will take you to the time in the specific episode where we start the discussion of review questions. Since we have produced 86 episodes so far, this “Test Your Smartphone Smarts” will be an ongoing series of posts here.
||Click here to watch our answers
|Episode #25: Photo Organization Show Notes
- Pictures taken with your iPad/iPhone can be viewed in the Photos app. To see them grouped by date/place you need to tap on which option?
A. Photos B. Shared C. Albums
- 3.To add pictures to your Favorites on iPhone/iPad, you view the favorite picture then tap on what button?
- 6.T/F: On Android, if you’re seeing an Album for Picasa, you can eliminate it by tapping the menu->Content to Display->Uncheck Picasa
|Episode #26: Google Maps Show Notes
- When using google maps and the view gets twisted, how do you return to North is Up view?
- How do you see Street View?
- When you locate a place, you should see Info cards on that place. If you don’t see them, what do you do?
|Episode #28: Web Browsing Show Notes
- To Browse to a website, you need a browser: Name 2
- How can you save a website as an icon on your home screen – like an app?
|Episode #29: Data Usage Show Notes
- What are 2 ways to check your Data usage?
- What is the only way to be sure you are not using Cellular data at any given time?
- Can you tell what Apps are using the most Data?
If you click the time link, you will be viewing the Youtube video for that episode. The link takes you directly to the end of the show where we discuss the review questions. You can always drag the video playhead to the beginning to watch more of that episode. And, if you are a premium member of Geeks On Tour, you have access to the show notes for each episode. You will find all show notes on the Weekly Show page. So, how did you do on the questions? Leave any comments below! See previous “Smartphone Smarts”
So many people ask us, “Why am I using so much data on my phone?”
The built in data usage tools just don’t give me enough detailed information. I looked for an app and found My Data Manager
I wanted to know exactly how much data was used by watching a 45 minute YouTube video. I turned on my data manager, watched the video, and got my answer:
I really liked the real-time data this app provides, but you may like the historical data, or the fact that you can set up alerts for when you are about to hit the limits of your data plan. There’s even a new feature that will track usage of everyone on a shared plan. In any case, it’s a handy little app to answer that question, Why am I using so much data?
- App: My Data Manager
- Author: Mobidia Technology
- Cost: $0
- Platform: Apple iOS and Android
Some tutorial videos related to this topic: