Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
February 2, 2016
Somehow I have 2 Google accounts: one using Earthlink email and the other using Gmail. Somehow my S7 default for Photos is Earhlink and my Laptop is GMail. So, I have photos in different accounts. Is there a way to get the photos moved to the GMail account. Should I then cancel the Earthlink Google account? Thanks in advance.
Multiple accounts are definitely a problem when they are unintentional.
There is no command to transfer photos from one account to the other, but it can be done by sharing from acct 1 to acct 2 and then, in acct 2 Saving the shared photos to your library.
First, I would suggest using a computer, browsing to photos.google.com and login with the earthlink address account and verify that the photos there are what you expect. I would also check drive.google.com and see if there is any important content there, also Gmail.com. Each account can have content in all those areas. Do you use Blogger at all? Blogs are also attached to your google account.
Next, repeat that process, but use the other account to log in. Check all the different areas: Drive, Gmail, Blogger, Photos, oh … and Maps too. If you have saved places in Google Maps, or My Maps – that is controlled by your account. This is just to be aware of what you have.
Assuming that you’ve decided the gmail-based account is the one you want to keep and the earthlink-based account is the one whose photos you want to transfer over.
- Go to photos.google.com and log in with the earthlink credentials
- Select all the photos you want to transfer. I think the limit is 1,500 at a time, so you may need to do it in segments if you have more. Select groups by selecting the first photo, the move to the last and shift-click. Here’s a video: 435.Google Photos Selecting on Computer
- Click Share, and get a link, paste the link in an email and send to the @gmail account of yours.
- Now, log in gmail.com with the good account – @gmail – and find that email you just sent. Click the link and you will be seeing all the pictures.
- While viewing all the pictures, click the cloud icon with the down arrow to “Save to Library”
Here’s a video: 436.Google Photos – Send Pictures to a Friend – you just have to think of your other account as the friend!