Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
February 8, 2018
I would love to see all the pictures my daughter takes of my grandson, but I don’t want her to have to send them to me, she has enough to do.
I would appreciate knowing the steps she has to do so I can access the pictures of him without bothering her each time there is a new picture. I would like to be able to have copies of some of them on my computer.
She does use Google Photos but I don’t because I’m on a Mac and I use their program.
August 5, 2010
Since your daughter uses Google Photos, it will be super simple for her to set it up that you automatically get photos of your granddaughter. You will be able to use Google Photos on your mac, no problem. All you need is a Google account – a gmail address. If you don’t have one, just go to gmail.com and sign up for a free account. You don’t need to use it for email … the @gmail.com address is just what identifies you for a Google account.
What your daughter needs to do:
- From Google Photos, click the 3-line menu and choose Add Partner Account (if she’s already added a partner, then we need a plan B since you can only have one.)
- From “Share your Library” click Continue.
Add partner – select your Google account – gmail address, click Next
On the next screen, click the selection for “Photos of Specific People” and then click the face of your granddaughter.
click Next, then “Send Invitation”
What you need to do:
- Make sure you know the email and password for the Google account your daughter used in step 2 above
- Open a browser (Chrome is preferred, but Safari should work) and go to Photos.Google.com Go To Google Photos and log in with the email address and password for your Google account.
- Click the 3-line menu in upper left and then scroll down to the “Shared Library” section, you should see your daughter’s name – click on it and Accept the invitation. Click the option for automatically save to library.
From now on any photos your daughter takes of your granddaughter will be visible to you simply by visiting Photos.Google.com and being logged in with your Google account.
Hope that helps.
Here is the official help screen for the Shared Library feature of Google Photos.
February 8, 2018
Thank you so much for the instructions! I can’t wait to send them to my daughter.
I’m so glad I found you two again. I watched your videos for several years about 10 years ago when I was a PC gal and used Picasa. You were very helpful then and you two continue to provide a great service to all of us trying to learn some of what computers have to offer.
Again, many things to you and Jim.
Most Users Ever Online: 84
Currently Browsing this Page:
THOMAS J PARKS: 147
Roxie Marston: 117
Barbara Dalderis: 99
Bob Brown: 96
David Cross: 89
Guest Posters: 347
Newest Members:Robin Reinhold, Toni Barrient, Melody Cliver, Arabella Dalton, Jackie Fluhr, dan peavy
Moderators: Christine Guld: 0, Jim Guld: 0, rvnavigator: 9
Administrators: MrGeek: 409, MrsGeek: 2562, Craig Biles: 0