Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
Q: hi Chris, great show (episode 49 of What Does This Button Do). So i have the iPhone 5s I went to my iCloud account on my laptop and using Ctrl-A selected all of my contacts, and then chose Export as a V.card but where did that file go to after I exported it ?
- Open http://www.icloud.com and log in
- Click on Contacts
- Select contacts (you can use Ctrl-A or click the gear icon and “Select All)
- Click the gear/cog icon in lower left and choose Export Vcard
- It opens a dialog box “Do you want to Open or Save xxx.vcf”
- I click the dropdown arrow for Save As and navigate to a folder, then Save
So, try a different browser and let us know if it helps.
January 1, 1980
If a different browser doesn’t help …. here is the app we ended up using: