Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
I recently purchased my first smart phone, a Note 3. I have succeeded in setting up my email account, but noticed my signature is listed incorrectly. How do I edit this? If I have to delete the whole account and set it up again to correct it, then how do I delete the account? I used the default email program to set it up.
You should be able to easily edit your signature – no need to delete the account.
It depends a bit on what email app you’re using, but generally the steps are the same:
- Tap the menu button – 3 lines in upper left, or 3 dots in right, or maybe gear symbol somewhere
- Find ‘Settings’ in the menu and tap it
- You should see your email address – that is your account – tap it
- You should see several options here – hopefully ‘signature’ will be one of them. When you tap it you should see your existing signature and you can change it.
- Tap OK and back out of the menu
- Check it out … when you create a new email now, it should have your new signature
Let us know if this worked ok for you.