Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum. If you need more help, you can book a 30 minute one-on-one Zoom meeting using our Office Hours feature.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
December 27, 2015
If I understand your first question: you want to remove the smart lock feature that keeps your phone unlocked when it is located at your home address. If so, here are the steps
- On your Samsung phone, go to Settings
- Lock Screen
- tap on Smart Lock (and give your current unlock code)
- Tap on Trusted places
- Tap on the address that’s there
- You should now see an option to Delete at the bottom, tap that
The second question is about adding an image to a post here on our Q&A forum. There are two ways, so it depends on where the image is located.
- Image is in your Google photos: it cannot be embedded here, only linked. But a link is ok with me. Open the photo in Google Photos, click the share button choose Create Link at the bottom then Copy. Come back here and Paste.
- If it’s located somewhere public on the web – like in a blog post – you can just copy from there, and paste here.
- IF it’s located on your computer: you need to use the “Upload Attachments” button below the message, then click on Select files and find the file you want, then Add Files, and Start Upload. It will appear in your message as a thumbnail, click the thumbnail to see the full image. Like this one: