Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
January 2, 2020
Windows really wants you to use a password but there is a work-around.
- Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
- Type “control userpasswords2” without quotes and press Enter.
- Click on the User account to which you login.
- Uncheck the option “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer”. If it is already unchecked, then place a check mark and then uncheck it.
- You will be requested to enter the Username and Password. Fill in the details correctly. Type in the Username, Password and Confirm Password manually.
- Click on OK and then again OK.
Bing starting up is probably in your system configuration. There are a couple of ways to see.
The easiest way is to press the Windows Key and type startup. Look for programs that start automatically and remove the Bing entry.
Helping Travelers to Plan, Preserve, and Share their Travels