Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
April 5, 2017
I assume you mean after editing? That you can’t save the edits?
I’ll bet your camera is set to store photos on an SD card? There is a permissions issue that Google Photos doesn’t get permission to write to the SD card, it seems to be a problem after most every update. See this thread in the Google Photos support forum.
Until a fix is found there are 2 workarounds
- Do your editing on the computer
- After editing on the phone, tap the 3-dot menu and Save a copy
I think I’ve found the fix.
- Open Google Photos
- tap the Account button – top right and choose Photos Settings
- scroll down till you see “SD Card Access” and select it
- The next screen gives you some steps, but if you tap on “Get Started” it takes you straight to the last step
- ALLOW – Allow access to SD card …
Let me know if this works for you. I feel a video coming on!