Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
Pretty easy. What you do is use the Shared Library feature.
- Log in to husband’s account and open Google Photos, note what photos you see there
- Click on 3-line menu and choose Sharing, then Add partner sharing
- The partner account = your account’s email address
- Shared library settings: New account can access ALL photos,
- You’re done with his account
In your account:
- Now log in to your account, Open Google Photos, you should see a notification that you’ve been invited to share husband’s photos
- Accept the invitation
- Shared library settings: Save to my library: ALL photos
It may take a little bit of time, but that’s all you have to do. Watch in the your account to see that the old photos arrive.
In Mrs. Geek’s Guide to Google photos, see p. 105