Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum. If you need more help, you can book a 30 minute one-on-one Zoom meeting using our Office Hours feature.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
February 2, 2022
So – 2 faces, one name eh? Let’s say the 2 people are Amy and Becky and they are both in a face group named Amy. There is a way to remove all of the Becky photos from Amy’s group, but to put Becky’s photos into a Becky group, it must be done one at a time.
To remove several photos at once: Example: to remove all of Becky’s photos from Amy’s group: Select the photos of Becky by clicking the little circle in the upper left corner of each photo. Once you have them all selected, you can click the 3-dot menu in the upper right and choose “Remove Results”
To move Becky’s photos out of Amy’s group AND into Becky’s group:
- Open a photo of Becky,
- click the i for Info (Web) or swipe up on photo (mobile)
- Click the pencil to the right of the face section
- Tap Becky’s face in the photo (not the face group icon) You should now be seeing all the face groupings
- Tap the correct face group for Becky
I hope that helps. Please test your results, I couldn’t find a similar situation in my photos for testing purposes.
As for why it happened, all I can say is the face recognition and grouping process is not perfect. Google just misidentified somebody – I doubt seriously that it’s anything you did.
Luckily, this one is fairly easy. To merge two face groupings, for example Julie and Julie Smith you want to become all under Julie Smith:
- Open the Julie face group
- Hover your mouse over the name “Julie” and you will see a pencil appear
- Click the pencil to edit the name
- Type Julie and you should see a list of options
- Click on Julie Smith
- It will ask if you want to merge Julie into Julie Smith, click yes
Let me know if that works for you.