Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
If Google auto backup is on, will you have to edit pictures twice? Google will likely back them up before you have a chance to edit them…..correct???
Order of events:
1. Take phtotos
2. transfer photos to computer
3. photos auto backup to Google
4. edit photos on computer with Picasa
5. view which photos (edited or unedited)
A) in Picasa….edited (with capability to view original)
B) on Google web…..?????
Must I turn off auto backup and select manual in order to have edited pictures in Google…..??? I am hoping that Google automatically realizes the picture is edited and magically backs up the edits too since it comes from Picasa…???
You have the sequence exactly right! I like that it works that way – my original (unedited) picture is what gets Auto-Backed up.
Realize that the Auto Backup photos on your Google account are for your eyes only. I then make public albums of my best, and edited, pictures for everyone to see. So, after #4 in your list, I would add
5. Select your best photos and ‘Share’ them in a named album.
6. View your pictures on Google web or mobile app by looking at your Albums, not the All Pictures or Auto Backup.
If you don’t like that solution then, you’re right, you would need to turn off autobackup until you’re ready.
Here are some videos that should help:
367. Google+ Photos part 1 intro and iPad (the beginning is the most important part – it’s just about Google+ not iPad)
- pics52.Picasa 3.9 and Google Plus Sharing #287
- 331. Google+ Auto Backup and Auto Awesome
- 341.Uploading Pictures to Google+, then using in a Blogger Blog (this one also is right on point to your issue, even if you don’t use blogger – please watch this one)