Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
November 30, 2019
When a photo is in Google Photos it can be edited on the phone only if it is not being accessed via the Album it is in. You can edit it when it is just viewed in the Photos pile, and it can be edited on the computer whether it is viewed in or outside of an album. Why can’t images be edited on phone (Android in my case) when they are selected from within an album. Instead one gets a a little heart icon but not the lines edit icon. Can this be overcome?
I agree, it is annoying when a photo came be edited. Here is what I’ve determined
- On mobile, when album is shared, photo NOT editable
- On web, when album is shared, photo IS editable
- Onmobile, when album is not shared, photo is editable
- On web, when album is not shared, photo is editable
- Everywhere, if you are not the owner of the photo you cannot edit it
So, basically, the only time a photo you own is NOT editable is on mobile when album is shared.