Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
Q: My son bought me the “Google Home Hub” and my grandson set it all up with photos, but I have no idea how he did it. We were supposed to only have people photos on it, but golf courses, cars and stuff that don’t have any people in it show up. How do I fix this?
A: Your Home Hub is playing photos from albums in your Google Photos, so you need to only select albums that are “Live” albums, meaning they automatically add people photos to the album. See pages 118-119 in the book. You need an album that is just getting your faces, create album, click “select people and pets, select the faces you want like Al and Shirley, save and name the album “Al and Shirley” – then you can specify that album to be displayed on the hub. You can now do that right in Google Photos
- Open Google Photos on your iPhone
- Tap Library, then Utilities
- Scroll down until you see “Manage Photo Frames” and tap that
- Find the name of your Hub and tap it
- Find the name of the live album you made e.g. “Al and Shirley” and turn it ON (turn OFF any albums you don’t want)
- Tap Save at the top right
Hope that helps.