Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
June 19, 2019
From time to time I receive Google Photos Collages elaborated by Google.
Recently I received one titled Tony & Anne portraying several photos of these two friends on various occasions.
I guess that Google has created the collage using face recognition and some algorithms.
My question is: ” How can I make an album out of this collage”?
I have saved the collage and tried to work on it but cannot do anything with it.
Any help is appreciated.
Good to hear that you like the automatic collage that Google made for you.
You can’t make an album from the collage – it is just a single image, one file. But the collage is usually found at the end of a “Memory” were all the individual photos were displayed. If you can find that memory again (it should be up in the top row) then you can make an album from that:
- Using Google Photos on a mobile device – either android or iOS – just not on the computer
- Find the Memory (you may need to scroll to the far right) and open it
- Tap the 3-dot menu at bottom right and select “Add to album” (you might need to scroll to the right to find it)
- Now select “All items in this memory”
- You should see + New album now – tap that and you will be creating an album with all the photos from the memory
Here’s a screenshot – click to enlarge