Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to this Q&A Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
Question via Email:
Got home from Perry and found my ancient desktop computer quit. We had purchased HTC smartphones and a 7″ tablet from JEREMY at Verizon while there after we took your seminar.
Ok, now the problem I am faced with:
Tablet screen is too small, need a 10″+ which I can exchange or return before this Thurs.
But I also need a new computer and with my MS health problem I need something very light weight that I can rest on my legs without pain. I also want to be able to blog as you told us as we are going down the road plus would like to be able to do movie maker, etc. with our 900 Alaska pictures. I am a beginner and am floundering using my husband’s laptop while writing this.
- Make/Model: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
Here is a link to it on Amazon:
Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro 13.3-Inch Convertible 2 in 1 Touchscreen Ultrabook (59386391) Silver
- Type: Laptop/Tablet hybrid. It is touchscreen, but I almost always use it with keyboard and mouse
- Weight: 3.1 pounds. It’s incredibly light. I have no problem grabbing it with one hand, tossing it in my shoulder bag and using it on my lap at any time.
- Battery Life: 6 hrs I have no problem grabbing it and using it on my lap as Jim drives all day.
- Price: about $1,000
- Hard Drive size: 220 GB – that’s small because it is solid state (like a flash drive) which is a big part of why it’s so FAST! I use USB external drives to store my library of pictures and videos, so 220 GB is enough. But it is something you need to be aware of and watch.
- Memory: 8GB
- Processor: Intel Core i7 – FAST
Comments via email on the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro:
Q: I have read on the forums some negatives ( i am aware any computer can have negatives) The wifi is not the newer type (i think it is ac …forgot correct designation) This does not bother me since i can purchase this card for sppx. 30.00 and it is easy install on yoga 2 pro. I have read many people have problems with their USB 3.0 port when connecting hubs or certain other devices. The beautiful screen also has its problems with text etc. being too small. ( i have not setup my Yoga so i have not witnessed it…yet) I am planning on purchasing Laplink soctware that will transfer my Apps/programs,settings and data to new Yoga. I also purchased a1 terrabite Passport external HD to store data i want to keep but do not need on my new Yoga. I have windows XP on my old laptop so time to move on. I have a few days with the right to return the Yoga 2 Pro.