Don’t you just hate it when you see your friend and they say, “Where were you last night? We missed you at the party.” When the only reason you missed it was that you forgot!
I’ve been using Google Calendar to notify me of upcoming appointments ever since I started using a smartphone, and yesterday I found it especially useful. I want to make sure that all of you know how to set the default settings so that you get a notification before any upcoming event.
I had completely forgotten about my Yoga class at 10:30. I also completely forgot about a dinner party we were going to at 6pm. Because of my default settings in Google Calendar, I get a ringing automatic notification an hour before any appointment. Whew! I made it just in time. Thank you Google Calendar!
You can even set your default to give you two notifications if you want, like one at 2 hours and another at 1 hour before any event entered in your calendar. Here’s how:
- Open Google Calendar (on Android or iOS – just make sure it is the Google Calendar, not Apple or Samsung.
- Tap the 3-line menu at top left
- Scroll down and tap on Settings
- Tap Events (under your account)
- Tap Notifications
- Select your choice
- You’re done, just tap the Back arrow at top left
- note: the icon has changed since this video, all else is the same
Never miss a party, or a dentist appointment, or a meeting – ever again!
Thanks for the reminder info. I did not realize Calendar could do that.