As the sun sets on 2022 – we wish everyone a healthy, happy
diving with Neil Watson Scuba Center . They are known for their special excursion, diving with Hammerhead Sharks. The Hammerheads did not disappoint. Check out those teeth!
classes from past months on our Classes page. We presented 2 classes during December:
- Dec 5 2022 Noon ET: Tech for Seniors – “Tips for taking pictures with your Smartphone”
- Dec 8 2022 Webinar – Do more with Google Photos This
replay is for our premium members only.
- Dec 18, 2022 Episode 248: How to make QR Codes
- Dec 4, 2022 Episode 247: Sharing with Google Photos
In this newsletter:
- How to add a vignette to a photo
- How to capture a still shot from a video
- How to set multiple reminders for an event on your calendar
- How to watch just the parts you want with YouTube chapters
- Blast from the past 2005: WiFi and Frequency Interference
- Thank you to our premium members for supporting us and making this newsletter possible! If you learn something from us, and you’re not a member, consider joining us now.
January is Mr. Geek’s birthday month. Celebrate with us!
- Jan 8 2pm Eastern: Google Photos Live Q&A
- “What Does This
Button Do?”Jan 15 2pm Eastern: Episode 249 How to transfer photos from your phone to a computer
- Backstage Pass after every live Button Show for Premium Members only
- Jan 16 7pm ET Valencia Reserve Photo/Computer Club Presentation Rescheduled to March 20
- “What Does This Button Do?”
- Feb 5: Episode 250
- Rest of February and part of March we will be in Indonesia
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, click on the bell for notifications, and Like us on Facebook.
And we’re getting close to 10K subs!
Ask the Geeks Q&A forum. Anyone can read the forum, only members can ask questions. This is a valuable benefit of membership. Join Today! Here are some recent discussions
that are on my calendar, they even give me a one hour reminder notification, and I still miss it because I started doing something else and completely forgot at the one hour mark.
We think you should do this for our next Live Show Episode 249, because it’s about transferring photos from your phone to your computer and we don’t want you to miss it on Jan 15 at 2pm
before, and even 5 minutes before. Read the article to find out how.
How to watch just the parts you want with YouTube “Chapters”
Have you noticed the chapters in YouTube videos? They allow the viewer to know what topics are included in a given video and to jump straight to the parts
they’re interested in. This article shows you how to use the Chapters to watch just the parts you want. It also shows you how to create those chapters for your own videos on YouTube.
When we were brand new fulltime RVers, we worked for a company called Coach Connect who installed Wi-Fi in RV parks. We work-camped at a park in Arizona called Palm Creek and helped the RVers use the Wi-Fi system. We actually made house-calls! err RV-calls. Here’s an article from our personal blog about when Chris filled in doing Jim’s rounds: “Chris the Magic Techie“
And, here’s an article from 2010 about how hotspots’ radio frequency interference prevented Steve Jobs from doing his demo when the iPhone 4 was announced. In 2005 while managing a busy hotspot at an RV rally, we learned firsthand about that interference. Maybe we could have helped Steve Jobs?!
Have you learned something from Geeks on Tour?
If so, we’d love to get a review from you. Click the link below and you should see
a right sidebar with all Geeks on Tour stuff, scroll down a bit and you should see Reviews and Write a Review.
the archives of past newsletters. If you’ve learned something from us along the way, we’d love a Google Review from you!