for one year only.
diving for Chris’ 70th birthday. Life is good! We also took a Carribbean cruise with family over the Thanksgiving week. It was a full month of travel.
past months on our Classes page. We presented 2 classes during November (and yesterday – why we’re late with this newsletter!):
We did 1 of our Sunday YouTube shows:
In this newsletter:
tips for you.
- Roadtrippers – a cool trip-planning tip
- Controlling auto-rotate on your phone
- Changing the frame of a Live Photo
- Cruise ship Internet connections
- Blast from the past 2004: Get the right Wi-Fi adapter
- Thank you to our premium members for supporting us and making this newsletter possible! If you learn something from us, and you’re not a member, consider joining us now.
December Happy Holidays!
- What Does This Button Do? Episodes on chosen Sundays at 2pm Eastern
- Backstage Pass after every live Button Show for Premium Members only
- Dec 5, Noon ET –Tech for Seniors – Chris will be a guest on the show
- Dec 8, 2pm ET – Get More from Google Photos Webinar (Register)
- Dec 21, 7pm ET – Snapseed Presentation on Zoom for PC-Tech Users Group @ CPHL
Happy New Year! January 2023
- What Does This Button Do? Episodes on chosen Sundays at 2pm ET
Pass after every live Button Show for Premium Members only
- Jan 16 7pm ET Valencia Reserve Photo/Computer Club Presentation
The last time we cruised was in 2010 – using the Internet was expensive and slow. What is the Internet connection like now? It’s still expensive and slow,
but we did learn a few tricks.
How to control the auto-rotate on your phone
When we were brand new fulltime RVers, Jim helped our RV park get set up with Wi-Fi. We also helped a lot of other RVers get connected via Wi-Fi. Things haven’t changed much have they? Read the old article here.
The biggest change is that we don’t have to teach that anymore! First of all,
cellular connectivity has gotten so good that most people have all they need with their smartphone. Secondly, for people like fulltime RVers who do need to know more, our friends at the Mobile Internet Resource Center do such a good jub that we refer to them anytime someone asks us.
Have you learned something from Geeks on Tour?
If so, we’d love to get a review from you. Click the link below and you should see a right sidebar with all Geeks on Tour stuff, scroll down a bit and you should see Reviews and Write a Review.
- Show266: SmartWatches and your Health with Dr. Ron Brown - December 2, 2023
- Show265: HodgePodge of Tech Tips for Travelers - November 22, 2023
- Nov 16, 2023: PCBUG.org presentation: Tips for Travelers using Google Maps and Google Photos - November 15, 2023