to visit friends and celebrate a 60th birthday. We partied hearty, then we played tourist for a few days in Southampton, Stonehenge, and Isle of Wight. Now we’re back to our camper in New Jersey and will head south via the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- See lots of photos in our Album: Road trip to England
- Also, check out our 5 minute live stream from an air museum in Southampton: Hello from Southampton
also have the recording of the whole class. These classes are for our premium members, although we leave them open to the public for the first couple of weeks.
We also did 3 of our Sunday YouTube shows:
In this newsletter:
- Google Photos Tip: How to capture a still shot from a video
- Technology for Travelers – when it works
- Jim is done with drones
- Chris thinks Bitcoin is fascinating, what do you think?
Recent Tutorial Videos
- Thank you to our premium members for supporting us and making this newsletter possible! If you learn something from us, and you’re not a member, consider joining us now.
notifications, and Like us on Facebook.
you’ll get notified when we go live.
- September 11 2pm ET Episode 242 “What Does This Button Do?”
- September 11 3pm ET Backstage Pass Zoom Meeting for Members Only
- September 19 3pm ET Google Photos
Live “Ask Chris Anything”
- September 25 2pm ET Episode 243 “What Does This Button Do?”
- September 25 3pm ET Backstage Pass Zoom Meeting for Members Only
- October 4 7:15pm ET Kentucky Indiana PC User Group Presentation
- October 9 2pm ET
Episode 244 “What Does This Button Do?”
- October 9 3pm ET Backstage Pass Zoom Meeting for Members Only
- October 11 10pm ET Laguna Woods Presentation
- October 19 3pm ET Google Photos Live “Ask Chris Anything”
- October 21 2pm ET Episode 245 “What Does This Button Do?”
- October 21 3pm ET Backstage Pass Zoom Meeting for Members Only
Stay safe. Wash your hands. Get boosted.
Ask the Geeks Q&A forum. Anyone can read the forum, only members can ask questions. This is a valuable benefit of membership. Join Today! Here are some recent discussions
Google Photos Tip: How to capture a still shot from a video
Technology for Travelers – when it works
Technology allows us to travel our way. It gives us complete freedom, but when it doesn’t work, it can be agonizing.
This article tells you about our recent experiences traveling in the UK. spoiler – we love trains travel.
Jim is done with Drones
He got his first drone in 2014, and he crashed his last drone just this year while we were in Italy. He’s decided he’s too old for the stress of flying drones. “I think I’ll stick to flight simulators in virtual reality. When you crash them, no one’s heart or wallet gets hurt!”
Read the article to see why he thinks this way and be sure to click the link to his playlist of drone videos he’s done over the years. From a hot-air baloon
festival, to an RV park in Malibu, to a dive boat in the Indian ocean, there’s some pretty cool videos here.
Chris thinks Bitcoin is fascinating, what do you think?
The world of technology changes fast. Chris is passionate about learning and teaching technology and she sees Blockchain and Web3 as the next big technology.
Bitcoin is just the tip of the iceberg.
Blast from past: Going way back this time
Click the picture to enlarge and read the article about the Computer Training business that Chris owned from 1983-1996. Jim was the network administrator for Computer Savvy.
Have you learned something from Geeks on Tour?
If so, we’d love to get a review from you. Click
the link below and you should see a right sidebar with all Geeks on Tour stuff, scroll down a bit and you should see Reviews and Write a Review.
- Feb 26, 2024 Golden Gate Computer Society: Hodgepodge of Tech Tips for Everyone - February 21, 2024
- Show271. Peace, Love & Vans - February 20, 2024
- February 2024 News: Google Photos Classes, Zoom Meetings, Google Maps gas prices, more… - February 10, 2024