- November 30, 2021 Members Only Orientation to the website.
- November 22, 2021 Hilton Head Computer Club Google Photos – uploading old photos
- November 19, 2021 Deerfield Beach Computer Club HodgePodge of Tech tips!
- November 16, 2021: Senior Planet Lunch and Learn Trouble with Time Zones
- November 15, 2021: Google Photos Q&A, Ask Chris Anything
In this newsletter:
- Chris’ new Galaxy S21 Ultra phone: an unexpected surprise feature!
- As we’re ending the first year of paying for Google Photos storage, people are asking “What happens if I stop paying?
- A Smartphone Tip about using Search to find those settings on your iPhone or Android device…
We also did 2 episodes of our “What Does This Button Do?” YouTube show:
Recent Tutorial Videos
- 720.SM-Smartphone Screen Magnification
- 719.SM-Emergency Info on Lock Screen
- 718.SM-Transferring Photos from Camera to Smartphone
- 717.SM-Multiple Clock Widget
- 716.GP-Make a Website for Photo Albums
- 715. Sharing motion photo from Samsung to Facebook
- 714. Share iPhone Live photo to Facebook
- 713.GM-Seeing Street View of a Destination
- Thank you to our premium members for supporting us and making this newsletter possible! If you learn something from us, and you’re not a member, consider joining us now.
- Dec 12, 2pm ET- Episode 225 of What Does This Button Do?
- Dec 12, 3pm ET Backstage Pass for Members Only Zoom meeting
- Dec 8, 7pm ET- Sun City Center Computer Club Zoom meeting: How do I use LastPass?
- Dec 26, 2pm ET- Episode 226 of What Does This Button Do?
- Dec 26, 3pm ET Backstage Pass for Members Only Zoom meeting
Ask the Geeks Q&A forum. Anyone can read the forum, only members can ask questions. This is a valuable benefit of membership. Join Today! Here are some recent discussions
I bought this phone because of the lenses. I knew that taking telephoto shots was going to be awesome. What I did not know is that the Samsung Gallery app has a feature called Object Eraser. I strongly considered getting the Google Pixel 6 instead of the Samsung, and one of the reasons is the Google Photos
feature called “Magic Eraser” which is only available on the Pixel 6.
I usually do not use the Gallery app that comes with Samsung phones because I use Google Photos instead. Read More
If you think of your Google Account Storage like a real world storage unit, these concepts will be easier. Let’s say you had a small storage unit that would hold 15 boxes of stuff. Once it gets full, what happens? You can’t store any more stuff! If you take out some of the old boxes, you can put in new ones, but
you’re limited to 15 boxes total.
3 Choices when your storage is full
It’s the same with your Google Account Storage. Google gives everyone 15GB of storage for free. Once you fill that up, you have 3 choices:
- Do nothing
- Get rid of some stuff
- Pay for a bigger storage amount
If you choose #1, you won’t be able to add any more photos to your Google Photos but you will be able to access what is already there. That may be acceptable but there’s a catch. Read More …
Timeout. On iPhones it’s called Auto-Lock. Yours may be set to 30 seconds, which means you don’t get much time to think before the screen goes black! You can change it to something more reasonable, like 1 or 2 minutes – IF you can find it. Read the Article and watch the short videos to learn how.
Have you learned something from Geeks on Tour?
If so, we’d love to get a review from you. Click the link below and you should see a right sidebar with all Geeks on Tour stuff, scroll down a bit and you should see Reviews and Write a Review.
I am trying to get into the Backstage part of the program on Sun. Dec. 26th, and cannot find how to enter.