Everyone can view any episode for free. Just click on the play button above.
Scroll down to see the show notes, these will be available for Members Only.
Members get access to the extensive show-notes Chris writes up after each show. Read them online and follow links directly to the parts you’re interested in. We recommend you print them out and keep them in a notebook. It’s a great way to learn.
Not a member? Join here. This episode covers:
- 0:00 Start
- 1:46 First tip: How to know if your phone’s photos have been uploaded to the Google Photos cloud
- 8:23 Geeks say hello
- 11:13 Terminology/Concepts: Cloud, Upload, Download, gallery app, camera roll, cloud storage, sync
- 16:25 What are the photo management functions offered by Samsung Gallery vs Apple Photos & iCloud, vs Google Photos
- 19:14 Demo on Samsung – Samsung Gallery vs Google Photos
- 25:34 Demo of deleting photos from device, or from cloud and device
- 31:01 Use Google photos as your primary app on Samsung instead of Gallery
- 32:12 Make a collage in Gallery and see it in Google Photos
- 34:40 iPhone demo, editing photos, backup to google cloud and Apple iCloud, albums
- 43:50 Deleting photos with Apple Photos or Google Photos
- 49:10 Google Photos cloud vs Apple iCloud – use Google Photos and not Apple photos
- 51:49 Exception – You can use Apple photos to add text to a photo.
- 54:51 Review questions