Have you heard of the APCUG? That stands for Association of PC User Groups and it is a nationwide organization of volunteer computer/technology clubs where you can go to learn new things and get help with any of your technology. If that sounds interesting to you, check out their web site and see if there is a club near you. We often stop at computer clubs in various locations as we travel to present our seminars. This time they invited us to present an online seminar for their Virtual Technology Conference. We chose our favorite topic, Google Photos, and our favorite things about Google Photos. The recorded video is on Youtube and embedded below.
If you watch the video, you’ll see that we are doing this from the back of our camper van. I think it came out pretty good!
Here is a table of contents of the video. Notice the links at the beginning of each topic, clicking there will take you to that spot in the video. If you are a Geeks on Tour member, you know about these links since we use them in our show notes for our What Does This Button Do? show.
- 0:25 Introduction and Terminology
- 7:20 Editing – right on your phone, or tablet, or computer
- 24:49 Search by the content of the photos
- 30:02 Shared Library
- 34:27 Shared albums with collaboration for group photo albums
- 36:11 Make Movies
- 39:25 Google Lens to read business cards
- 42:45 Navigate to a photo
All of these topics are also covered in Mrs. Geek’s Guide to Google Photos, second edition. If you are a Geeks on Tour member, the .pdf version of the book is included in your membership on the eBooks page. The book is also available on Amazon.
- Editing – right on your phone, or tablet, or computer. Chapter 8
- Search by the content of the photos. p. 69
- Shared Library. pp 105-6
- Shared albums with collaboration for group photo albums. Chapter 10
- Make Movies. pp 95-7
- Google Lens to read business cards. p. 77
- Navigate to a photo. p. 72