We hope you have been watching and learning from our YouTube show called What Does This Button Do? Each show is about 45 minutes long and we present a beginner’s lesson on some topic of interest to smartphone users. We also present a quick tip and an app of the week. As of this writing, we have recorded 162 live episodes. All 162 episodes are archived on our website. Just go to GeeksOnTour.com and click the menu called Weekly Class.
At the end of each episode we have review questions about the topic in the beginner’s lesson. Here are a few samples. See if you can answer them. Use the comments for discussion.
- From Episode 162: T/F – if my phone is the same make and model as your phone, it will operate the same
- From Episode 162: Changing settings for Apps generally works differently for iPhones than for Android devices. The two methods are stated below, which is iPhone?
A. Open Settings, then find the app
B. Open the App, then find the settings button
- From Episode 156: T/F: you must install a dedicated scanning app on your phone in order to scan documents.
- From Episode 156: Can a .PDF file be edited?
A. NO B. Only if you buy the Adobe Acrobat software C. Yes, if your scanning app performs OCR D. Yes, if you use Google Drive to scan, then open in Google Docs
- From Episode 155: If you paid for an App while using an old phone, when you get a new phone and want that app there will be no charge as long as: _____________________
- From Episode 146: T/F – A QR code is a link to a web page, that’s all.
- From Episode 146: To scan a QR code, you need a mobile device, an app for scanning codes and _____________________________
- From Episode 144: Camera Flash – should you leave it set to: A. on, B. off, or C. auto?
- From Episode 144: T/F: Panorama photos can only be taken from left to right.
- From Episode 139: How do you get the widgets on Android?
A. Play Store, widgets B. LongPress home screen, Widgets C. “OK Google” add a widget
We hope you will check out the archives and also join us in future episodes of What Does This Button Do? You can watch any of the archived shows at any time. If you want to watch when we record a new show live, you need to subscribe to our YouTube channel and click the little Bell so that you get notified when we are live. We usually record on Sundays at 2pm Eastern time. If you are watching in real time, you can use the chat box to ask questions and we will try to answer during the show.
- Show265: HodgePodge of Tech Tips for Travelers - November 22, 2023
- Nov 16, 2023: PCBUG.org presentation: Tips for Travelers using Google Maps and Google Photos - November 15, 2023
- November 2023 News: Instant Photo Sharing, Make a phone call from a photo, Google Maps for Public Transportation - November 11, 2023