You might look at that picture and say, “That’s a nice picture, there’s nothing wrong with it.” But, I don’t want you to look at my picture and say, “That’s nice” I want you to look at it and say “Wow!”
With just a couple of clicks, you can take a good picture and make it gorgeous.
- To crop: open the photo using Google Photos and click (tap) the edit button then the Crop button . Drag the edges of the photo in closer to the subject and then tap Done.
- To make it “Pop”: Still in Edit mode, tap the adjustments button (same icon as Edit) Find the Pop slider (it may be under Light, tap the down arrow to see) drag the pop slider to the right. You may also want to drag the color slider to the right a little.
Learn to Edit
Every phone with a camera comes with editing tools. I like using Google Photos, but if you don’t – you can also use whatever Gallery or Photo app that came with your phone. They all will have features to crop, brighten, and enhance colors. Here are a few videos to show you how to use the editing tools in Google Photos:
- 420.GP-Editing with Google Photos: All Play, No Work! (FREE)
- 457.GP-Editing on Mobile
- 456.GP-Edit Pictures on Computer
- 491.GP-Photo edit BlackWhite
- 489.GP-Photo Editing
- 542.GP-How to use the Depth Editor and Color Pop in Google Photos
If you want to learn the free companion app called Snapseed, we have a complete Learning Guide for Snapseed.