When we travel to beautiful places, we take a lot of photos. Google Photos makes it so easy to pick the best ones, fix them up a little, then put them in an album we can share with you. Chris and Jim’s Australia/New Zealand photo album. Anyone can click the link and view the photos and videos in the album. If you are signed in to a Google account, you will see a button to “Join” the album. Once you join, you will get notified whenever we add new photos to the album. You will also be able to leave comments. Comments can be left on the album as a whole, or on individual photos and videos. It’s like having our own personal social media site just for our trip.
Once you are viewing the album, you’ll see pictures, videos, text blocks and maps. The album starts at the beginning and builds, with the most recent additions at the bottom. Using the Google Photos album means you can follow our trip even if we are not friends on Facebook, and you don’t use Instagram. Be sure to click on individual pictures to see them full screen, and certainly click on any videos then click the play button to view them. When you see a speech bubble in the corner that means there are comments. Click the bubble to read them.
You can always click (or tap) a back button – upper left corner – to get back to the overall album view.
If you are interested in reading stories about our trip, we do the writing in our Blog. You can visit it any time at GeeksOnTour.blogspot.com. If you want email notification of new blog posts, just enter your email address in the space provided in the right sidebar.
Make your own albums
To learn more about making your own albums with Google Photos, here are the articles and videos we’ve made for you:
- Photo Albums Using Google Photos
- How to Make a Group Photo Album with Google Photos
- How to use Group Photo Albums
- Make Albums and Print a Photo Book from an Album
- 159. Organize and Share Google Photos Albums
- 546.BL-How to make a Blog page listing your Google Photos albums
- Show266: SmartWatches and your Health with Dr. Ron Brown - December 2, 2023
- Show265: HodgePodge of Tech Tips for Travelers - November 22, 2023
- Nov 16, 2023: PCBUG.org presentation: Tips for Travelers using Google Maps and Google Photos - November 15, 2023