This photo comes from my Google Photos library. I’m using WordPress.com (that’s different than normal) to write this post. (see past article: Embedding Pictures from Google Photos)
When I click on insert content, I can click the down arrow and choose Google Photos. The picture I choose gets added to my WordPress media library. A little roundabout, but it works!
- You must have an account at WordPress.com
- You must have Jetpack installed on your self-hosted WordPress website in order to create the necessary link to WordPress.com resources.
- You write your post using the WordPress.com interface. That’s where you’ll see the necessary menu option
- When you use this feature to get photos from Google Photos, WordPress copies the photo into your site’s own media library, so you are not using Google Photos for hosting.
If this is a feature you want to know more about, please leave a comment.
- Show265: HodgePodge of Tech Tips for Travelers - November 22, 2023
- Nov 16, 2023: PCBUG.org presentation: Tips for Travelers using Google Maps and Google Photos - November 15, 2023
- November 2023 News: Instant Photo Sharing, Make a phone call from a photo, Google Maps for Public Transportation - November 11, 2023