If you believe your phone is not getting the best signal possible, you can “kick it” and force it to re-acquire its cell signal. This is like hanging up from a phone call with a bad connection. Then call back and you’ll most likely get a better connection. Not always, but often.
You could reboot the whole phone, but it’s quicker to just reset the cellular connection:
- Turn on airplane mode – that “hangs up” – turns off all radios
- Turn Off airplane mode – that turns on the radios and forces it to re-acquire the cell signal
Watch this 1 minute video to see exactly what we mean.
- Show265: HodgePodge of Tech Tips for Travelers - November 22, 2023
- Nov 16, 2023: PCBUG.org presentation: Tips for Travelers using Google Maps and Google Photos - November 15, 2023
- November 2023 News: Instant Photo Sharing, Make a phone call from a photo, Google Maps for Public Transportation - November 11, 2023