We’re writing this article to commemorate the 100th issue of our Geeks on Tour Newsletter! The first issue, back in July of 2007 included an article on Adding Video to your Blog. This article today is an updated version of that same topic.
Blogger and Google Photos
We use Blogger to make our Blog, and adding video is quite easy. If you took the video with your smartphone or tablet, and you use Google Photos to upload that video to your Google account, it’s as simple as 1-2-3:
- clicking the Insert Video button on the toolbar:
- Choose “From Your Phone” (this doesn’t mean directly from your phone! It assumes you have your phone’s photos and videos backed up to your Google Photos)
- Click the video you want and click Select
Blogger and Youtube
Every method of displaying video is subject to some quirks and problems. Since Youtube is the biggest provider of video worldwide, we find it has the least problems. Therefore we recommend uploading your videos to your Youtube account and using that for your blog. What’s that? You say you don’t have a Youtube account? If you have a Google account (a firstname.lastname@example.org address), then you have a Youtube account! If you really don’t, then it’s easy and free to get a Google account. Just go to Accounts.Google.com and click “Create Account.”
Upload to Youtube: go to YouTube.com and make sure you are logged in with the account you want to use for your videos (it should be the same as you use for your photos.) Click the Upload button in the upper right corner of the screen. Now you’ll have two choices
Insert into Blog: Here also you have two choices, the super simple way is to use the Import from “My Youtube Videos.” The other way is to view the video in Youtube, click the Share button and then Embed – here you have some options if you click on “Show More” right below the video preview.
This shows you some HTML code, copy that code and paste it into the HTML view of your Blog. That’s it! When you publish your Blog, you will see your video.
Here are some tutorial videos that go into more detail. You must be a Geeks on Tour premium member to view them.
To enjoy full access to the Geeks On Tour Library of “How To” Videos on Blogger and other topics sign-up for a membership today!
- Feb 26, 2024 Golden Gate Computer Society: Hodgepodge of Tech Tips for Everyone - February 21, 2024
- Show271. Peace, Love & Vans - February 20, 2024
- February 2024 News: Google Photos Classes, Zoom Meetings, Google Maps gas prices, more… - February 10, 2024