— Geeks on Tour is member supported. We do not take advertising or receive funding from any other source. This FREE newsletter is made possible by our paid members. Member benefits include access to over 300 tutorial videos and a members’ Q&A Forum. Join today
If you are already a member, THANK YOU – we love answering your questions in the forum.
Where we’ve been: We were in travel mode for the month of July. From Denver to Utah, thru Idaho to Washington and the Olympic National Park. No rallies on the schedule, so we did other things. You can usually tell how much fun we’ve had by how many pictures we take. The collage above is just a little piece of the pictures we’ve uploaded to our Google Plus photo albums. Our master library of pictures for July is on my computer and managed by Picasa. It reports a total of 1,342 pictures taken in July! Usually we take 3-800/month.. See our July photo album for lots of pictures (don’t worry, it’s under 300!), and our blog for July for all the details!
Where we’re going: During August we have a couple of RV rallies in Oregon, then we’ll be headed to California. See our Calendar/Map page for more details.
By the way, our pictures, Blogs, Web Albums, maps, and videos are all examples of what we teach. If you’re a traveler, we teach you how to plan, preserve, and share your travels. It makes the experience that much more enjoyable to get creative on the computer and share your travelswith friends and family.
Calendar: Coming up in August/September
- August- What Does This Button Do? Sundays 2pm EDT on Google+ Page
- Aug 4-8: Country Coach Rally, Albany, OR
- Aug 13-16: FMCA Convention, Redmond, OR
- Aug 25 7:15pm: Golden Gate Computer Society, San Rafael, CA
- Sep 7: 5:30 SLOBytes Computer User Group, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Sep 9: 1pm Paso Robles Computer User Group
- Sep 15-19 Roadtrek Rally Pismo Beach
For more details, see our website Calendar.
Here are some of the topics that have been discussed this month. Anyone can read the forum, only members can ask questions.
- RV Trip Wizard discussion
- Downloading Google+ Photo to an SD card
- Transfer Favorites, Quicken data from Windows 7 to Galaxy
- Google Plus and Disappearing Albums
- Printing Pictures from Tablet
Ten Years of Teaching Technology to Travelers
What is Google Plus?
Google Plus (Google+) is a whole lot bigger than we can talk about in one small article, but we’ve had so many people ask us about Google+ this month that we thought we’d give you our take on it. Reading this should give you a better idea of what it is and whether or not you want to use it. And, if so, we include a link to a complete user guide on how to use all the various aspects of Google+.
We broke records with the number of photos we took this month, and most of them were taken with our Samsung smartphones. This article will show you examples and discuss the features that keep us reaching for our phones rather than real cameras!
Weekly Show on Learning Smartphones and Tablets
Have you recently acquired a Smartphone or Tablet? Do you wish you knew more about it? Or, have you had one for a while and know they can do more? Just thinking you might get one?
Every Sunday at 2pm Eastern time, we are producing a live half hour video broadcast on the web teaching about Smartphones and Tablets. This week is Episode Six!…
New Videos from Geeks on Tour
If you are a Geeks on Tour member, be sure to take advantage of the tutorial videos! Some of them are free, but most require a Geeks on Tour membership. Here are the most recent videos:
- What Does This Button Do? All Shows Archived
- iPad/iPhone – Alphabetize your icons
- Import Photos from camera to Samsung Tablet
- Upload Pictures from Picasa to Google+, then use in Blogger
- Printing from Android Smartphone or Tablet
RV Travel Newsletter by Chuck Woodbury
That’s all for now. We hope you learned something. Your next issue will be next month. Any questions, please visit our forum. If you like this newsletter, please forward it on to your friends! If you received this issue forwarded by a friend you can subscribe to get your own copy delivered to your in box – it’s free. You can also visit the archives of past newsletters,
The Geeks on Tour website is an online learning library for Travelers who want to learn to use their computers and mobile devices for managing digital photos, making blogs, using maps and other online resources. Anyone can watch our free videos, read articles on our Computer Tips for Travelers Blog, sign up for our free monthly newsletter, or Picasa weekly tips. A small fee makes you a ‘member‘ and you can then view any of our 260+ video tutorials on these subjects in our Learning LIbrary.
Geeks on Tour
- Show266: SmartWatches and your Health with Dr. Ron Brown - December 2, 2023
- Show265: HodgePodge of Tech Tips for Travelers - November 22, 2023
- Nov 16, 2023: PCBUG.org presentation: Tips for Travelers using Google Maps and Google Photos - November 15, 2023