Florida in January
Sunset on Siesta Key in Sarasota. Jim’s birthday 2013
We are enjoying traveling around Florida this winter. We see beautiful sunrises when we’re on the east coast, and sunsets on the west! Besides being a beautiful sunset, you may notice something extra special about this picture if you click on it to enlarge. It has a little extra depth and sharpness that Picasa’s HDRish tool gave it. If you’re a Geeks on Tour Member you can watch a tutorial video on how HDRish works. If you’re not a member, why not?! It’s only $7/mo or $58/yrly. Join Today!
Get Away Stay Connected: This tagline from our Coach Connect days describes our lifestyle. We love to get away, but we also love to stay connected. Usually that means using our computer, but since Florida was our home for so long, it also means face-to-face connections with old friends and colleagues while we’re here. This time, while in Fort Lauderdale, we decided to re-join our Toastmasters group. Both Jim and I were very active in Toastmasters for many years before we hit the road. We’ve even visited one club outside of our area during our first year of traveling. We’d like to do more of that – Toastmaster’s meetings are so enjoyable, uplifting, and educational. It is an international organization with groups everywhere we go. It’s good to be a member again.
Calendar: Coming up in February/March
Registration is open for our third TechnoGeek Learning Rally in Bushnell, Florida March 26-30. Come learn about lots of technology to enhance your RVing lifestyle! Geeks on Tour Members get a 20% discount. Hey! That’s another reason to Join Today. The rally is 5 days, including 4 breakfasts and 3 dinners. There is an optional 2-day pre-rally focusing on smartphones, and an included 2 days post-rally Homework Help.
If it looks like we’re in your area, contact us to come to your RV park! See our Frequently Asked Question: How Can I Get the Geeks to Come to My RV Park?
For more details, see our website Calendar.
The Q&A Forums on the Geeks on Tour website are a great place to discuss the topics we cover. This is where we answer our members’ questions. Anyone can read the forums, you need to be a member to post. Here are some topics of interest:
- Upload Picture from Picasa to Facebook Group?
- Combining Photo Albums in Facebook
- Moving Pictures to a New PC – what will I lose? (scroll to bottom for new posts)
- Discuss the WiFi Ranger (scroll to bottom for new posts)
- Picasa to Facebook Uploader Pro
- Problems inserting image in Blogger
- Streets and Trips with Windows 8
- Shutterfly and Email
TechnoGeek Learning Rally
You should attend the Learning Rally if … ..
- You’ve attended any Geeks on Tour seminars and left wanting more.
- You’ve bought some cool gadgets from www.TechnoRV.com and want to learn more about using them. Or you want to buy more.
- You have multiple computers, smartphones, tablets, cameras … yet you still consider yourself a beginner with computers and technology.
- You are an RVer. We hold the rally at an RV park! We also will teach about technology and gadgets specifically for RVing.
- You just love learning new stuff!
- You have lots of questions about using your technology. We will have 3 sessions of open Q&A with our panel of TechnoGeeks!
- You’d like to show your kids something … that they didn’t teach you!
- You’ve looked at the schedule and like what you see. tentative daily schedule
- You’ve looked at the menu and you’re getting hungry. Rally Menu from last rally.
- You want to compare notes with other RVers about their smartphones, Internet connections, email issues, photo-sharing options, RV gadgets, etc.
- You’d like to attend a small RV rally, where there’s ample opportunity to get to know people, share meals, learn, and party.
- You’ve been to a TechnoGeek Learning Rally before and you want more!
When: March 26-30 with optional free ‘Homework Help’ days after rally and optional 2 day Smartphone Learning Camp pre-rally.
Where: Bushnell, Florida. Paradise Oaks RV Park.
Cost: Rally: $149/person limit 40
Smartphone Pre-Rally: $79/person limit 10
20% discount for paid Geeks on Tour members
RV Site: Rally rate is $25/night, not included in registration.
Call Call Paradise Oaks at 352-793-1823.
11 am Checkout Time?
Chuck Woodbury of RVtravel.com doesn’t like to checkout of an RV park so early!
Read Chuck’s article and tell him what you think at the current issue of RVTravel’s Newsletter. Also take a look at his video of the HUGE Quartzsite RV show.
Do Me a Favor … Don’t Listen to your Friends on Facebook!
When you get a Facebook message that starts with “I want to stay PRIVATELY connected with you…” you should know that the instructions that follow are pure nonsense. Don’t do it when it tells you to find your Friend settings and “REMOVE the CHECK on "COMMENTS & LIKE" and also "PHOTOS” By unchecking those boxes all you’ve done is cut yourself off from receiving your friend’s photos, comments and likes. It has NO bearing on who else can see their posts, but it is a worthy lesson in how Facebook privacy works. Read on and I will explain what is going on as well as tell you the right way to stay PRIVATELY connected – it’s a lot easier than removing checkmarks on all your Friends’ settings!
Getting the Most from Your Smartphone’s Camera
More and more, people are using their smartphones to capture all the pictures in their lives. Many of them don’t know that there are special settings and features that will help them take better pictures. And, once the pictures are taken, there are lots of ways to share them.
Read the rest of this Article …