Please ask your questions here (not in email) – we promise to respond here, no such promise with email. This is a benefit of membership. Here’s info on how to post to the Forum.
You must be logged in as a Premium Member to Ask the Geeks a question. All are welcome to freely browse the Forums.
Please consider registering
July 13, 2010
first time trying to make an album with google photos and having a lot of problems.
1. Adding text. In your book on page 53 is an illustration of using text. I am doing that but the font size and spacing are both BIG! The text takes up too much space. Yours looks more paragraph style like this is. Is there a way to change the text size in the albums?
2. Does google always put three pictures to a line? Except when there are two. How can we control that? One, two or three photos on a line. When adding text about a group of pictures and there are only, say, eight pictures the text is describing, I would like to have two lines of three photos and one line of two photos and then the text below. but google insists on three photos to a line – sometimes. Any way we can select the number of photos on a line in the album?
3. I am finding that some of my old Picasa Web Albums are showing up in the google photo albums. But they show up as a grid of pictures. No arranging at all. I an add text but again no rearraging of pictures. Is there a way to manage old Picasea Albums?
4. Not an album question. Every once in a while, not often, when I try to edit a photo in the google editor, the picture shows up in the editor as out of focus or really blurry. When I go back to the photos, the picture is OK. But I cannot edit it if I cannot see it. Is this me or just a google aberration or maybe my computer? Only happened twice so far.
5. How and when do pictures go from my computer to google photos? I think I notice that ipad photos or downloaded attachments
are automatically there. But i still do most picture taking with my camera. Are pictures loaded to Google Photos when I transfer from media card to computer? Does it matter if I use Picasa to do this ? Or not? And every once in a while when I am doing some other computer stuff, I get a little pop up in the notification area that google is backing up photos. Once in was 10,000 photos once about 200. What is going on here. I think the computer may have a google photo backup app? Is that what I should have.
I guess that is enough for now. I am still slowly going through your informative guide on google Photos. I think I still like Picasa better.
1. I can’t see anyway to change the size of text. I’m afraid I don’t know why yours is bigger than mine.
2. It doesn’t alway show 3 per line – but there isn’t any control except for changing the order of photos and GP making adjustments. It’s the size of each individual photo that matters. 1 big panorama will be on a line all by itself, 4-5 small photos will be on one line together.
3. Actually, all of your old Picasa albums should show up in Google PHotos. And, you should be able to rearrange photos in those albums just like the newly created ones. View the album, click the 3-dot menu in the upper right, Edit Album. Now you can drag photos around and then click the checkmark to finish.
4. I would blame a blurry photo on internet connection. Either that, or it is very small – check the pixel size.
5.PHotos only get uploaded according to what you’ve set up. If you have set up the desktop uploader then they are uploaded as soon as they are placed in the folders that the uploader is watching. I recommend watching episode 83 of What Does This Button Do. Here’s a link taking you straight to the spot we talk about uploading from comptuer: feature=youtu.be&t=21m37s
Most Users Ever Online: 84
Currently Browsing this Page:
THOMAS J PARKS: 109
Bob Brown: 92
David Cross: 89
Barbara Dalderis: 89
Roxie Marston: 85
Bill Osborne: 65
Guest Posters: 304
Newest Members:John and Debi Mac Vie, Deborah Clark, patrice.pfeiffer, Salli Lou Anderson, Patricia Smith, Ralph Adair
Moderators: Christine Guld: 0, Jim Guld: 0, rvnavigator: 9
Administrators: MrGeek: 382, MrsGeek: 2097, Craig Biles: 0