There are 3 wireless technologies for connecting to the Internet, Wi-Fi, Satellite, and Cellular. Most of us already have a smartphone with a cellular connection to the Internet. You can browse the web right on your phone. If you want to share your phone’s connection and use a WiFi only tablet, or a laptop computer, you can turn the phone into a WiFi hotspot. Here are some tutorial videos that will teach you more. These require a membership unless you see the word *Free at the end
- 412. Turn your Phone into a WiFi Hotspot
- 404. Using FoxFi for Hotspot on Samsung
- Overview video – this is old, but still a good explanation of the choices
- 402. Connecting to Public WiFi – using McDonalds as an example
- 413. Install SIM card in Samsung Phone – turning our US Android phone into a UK phone for use in London
- What Does This Button Do? Episode #63: Connecting to Internet: WiFi or Cellular. This is a recording of a 45 minute Live Show.
If you’re traveling by RV in the United States, there is a LOT to know about the equipment and the services available for Internet Connections. We highly recommend the website: RVMobileInternet.com